What is so often overlooked is that people will base their decisions on what they read. Most websites, still, are simply informative rather than action oriented.
You know different. You want people who visit your site to DO SOMETHING. That’s why you’re reading this. Compelling people to take action is vital if you want to generate leads, get phone calls, make sales, raise donations, or achieve whatever goals you have set for your website. Don’t know what your goals are? Read on and I will help you set them.
I wrote this book because there’s so much schlocky writing on the web. Increasing sales and leads requires content that blends knowledge of a product or service with three highly specialized and distinct skills: search engine optimization, sales copy writing, and writing for the web. All three of these skills are needed for a high performing website, yet it’s rare that all are found in the same writer.
This book may be short, but it will give you the understanding and skills you need to write content that will increase your online traffic, conversions, or whatever goals you have for your website.
This book includes:
Where to Begin?
• When should you begin thinking about content?
• Start With Keywords
• Identify One Goal Per Page
Writing for Search Engines
• How Do I Write “Relevant” Page Content?
• Keyword Density
• Target More Than One Keyword Phrase Per Page
• The Importance of Meta Tags
• Page Content
• Page Structure
• The Importance Of Unique Content
• A Note On Style
Convince People to Take Action
• Start With A Goal in Mind
• How People Read on the Web
• Make it REDICULOUSLY Easy for People To Read Your Website
• Use Headers to Grab Attention
• Be Compelling
• This is Not About You
• What Makes You Uniquely Able to Solve My Problem?
• Sell More With Features & Benefits
• The All Important Call To Action
• Content Docs