House [OV] 8 Staffeln 2008
Amazon Instant Video
1. Dying Changes Everything Eight weeks after the death of his girlfriend, Amber, Wilson is still mourning her death, and his relationship with his best friend House is shattered. Needing to make a change in his life and give himself time to recover emotionally, Wilson resigns from Princeton-Plainsboro.
2. Not Cancer When several people die suddenly and without warning five years after receiving transplants from a single organ donor, House and the team rush to save the only two surviving recipients. With one already dying and the other healthy but sure to fall ill at any moment, the team must find out what was wrong with the original organ donor.
3. Adverse Events House and the team take on the case of a struggling artist (guest star Breckin Meyer) who has been painting bizarre portraits. His undiagnosed illness is distorting his perception, threatening to undermine his career, his relationships and everything else in his life. The team soon finds out that he hasn't sold anything lately and is on three separate drug trials to pay the bills.
4. Birthmarks When House receives word that his father has passed away, he brushes off the news and dismisses the idea of going to the funeral. However, he is soon coerced into going despite his strongest protests. Back at Princeton-Plainsboro, the team encounters the case of a young woman adopted by American parents who collapsed while in China looking for her birth parents.
5. Lucky Thirteen When a woman with whom Thirteen had a one-night stand falls ill and has a seizure at Thirteen's apartment after a night of partying, Thirteen accompanies the woman to Princeton-Plainsboro where House and the team take on her case.
6. Joy The team takes on the case of a dreary middle-aged man who has been experiencing unexplained recurring blackouts and time lapses. With possible diagnoses ranging from a stroke to a concussion to toxins from the consumer products he has been testing for work, they soon find that the man, who is raising his 12-year-old daughter on his own, has been experiencing intense sleepwalking spells.
7. The Itch When an agoraphobic man falls mysteriously ill and adamantly refuses to leave his home to get treatment at the hospital, House and the team go to him to figure out what might be wrong. Cameron takes charge as she has treated the patient before, and she and the team figure out ways to bring the hospital to the patient's home, much to Cuddy's disapproval.
8. Emancipation A parentless teenager falls mysteriously ill and Foreman takes on a case of his own free from House's supervision.
9. Last Resort A gun-wielding man from the waiting room at the Princeton-Plainsboro clinic takes House, Thirteen and several patients from the waiting room hostage in Cuddy's office. The man claims to be sick with a long undiagnosed illness and demands medical attention from the best doctor in the hospital, threatening to kill any hostages necessary along the way.
10. Let Them Eat Cake House and the team take on the case of a high-profile fitness trainer who collapses while shooting an infomercial. As the team tests her for possible conditions such as exercise-induced asthma, steroid abuse or even a possible vitamin deficiency due to her strict diet, the patient's condition continues to worsen.
11. Joy to the World House and the team encounter a teenager who collapsed during her high school Christmas program. They soon find the troubled teen dealt with more than her share of bullying at school, and as her condition continues to deteriorate, the team must delve deeper to get to the bottom of her mysterious illness.
12. Painless At Cameron's urging, House and the team take on the case of a man living with such severe chronic pain that he tries to kill himself, unable to go on after living for years without a diagnosis or any relief from his suffering.
13. Big Baby Cuddy decides to spend more time at home to take care of her newly adopted baby and passes some of her day-to-day responsibilities off to Cameron, including supervising House. Cameron is forced to play House's games and becomes involved in a power struggle as he and the team take on the case of a Special Education teacher who collapsed after spitting up blood in the middle of class.
14. The Greater Good 100th Episode Milestone! House and the team take on the case of a woman who collapsed in the middle of a cooking class, and they soon learn she is a highly-renowned cancer researcher who recently gave up her entire career in order to pursue her own personal happiness.
15. Unfaithful When a priest who runs a homeless shelter sees a bleeding Jesus hovering at his doorstep, he is admitted to the ER. House takes on the case as a distraction for the team while he confronts Foreman and Thirteen about their relationship. The team soon learns the priest had been involved in a molestation scandal that caused him to lose his faith.
16. The Softer Side The team encounters a teenage boy who collapsed from severe pelvic pain after playing basketball. Tests reveal the boy has genetic mosaicism, or both male and female DNA, and the boy's parents inform House and the team that the boy is unaware of his condition. They consciously chose a gender for him when he was born and raised him accordingly, never telling him about his unique condition.
17. The Social Contract House and the team take on the case of Nick (guest star Jay Karnes), a book editor who loses his inhibition and starts insulting coworkers at a dinner party one night before falling ill. The team realizes Nick has frontal lobe inhibition, which has caused him to lose his filter and vocalize all of his innermost thoughts, resulting in extremely insulting outbursts.
18. Here Kitty House and the team take on the case of Morgan (guest star Judy Greer) who works in a nursing home with a pet cat who only sleeps next to people if they are about to die - and does so with alarmingly accuracy. When it seems the cat has predicted her own death, Morgan, convinced she is about to die, fakes a seizure in order to get to House to have him diagnose her before it's too late.
19. Locked In We find ourselves inside the mind of Lee (guest star Mos Def) as he awakens after a bicycle accident in New York unable to move or communicate verbally. From his unique perspective, we hear Lee's inner thoughts as House, injured in a motorcycle accident, occupies the hospital bed next to him.
20. Simple Explanation Charlotte, an older woman who has spent the last six months taking care of her husband Eddie (guest star Meat Loaf), is rushed to Princeton Plainsboro for immediate treatment after collapsing from respiratory failure at Eddie's deathbed.
21. Saviors Cameron postpones her vacation with Chase in order to ask House to accept the case of an environmental radical who collapsed at a protest with unexplainable symptoms.
22. House Divided The team takes on the case of a deaf 14-year-old named Seth who collapsed after he started "hearing" explosions while competing in a wrestling match. When the team tries to test him for seizures, Seth loses vision in one eye, complicating House's bunk theory of "Exploding Head Syndrome.
23. Under My Skin House and the team take on the case of a ballerina (guest star Jamie Tisdale) whose lungs collapse in the middle of a performance. When the treatment causes her skin to fall off, the dancer faces not only the prospect of never dancing again but also of dying an agonizing death.
24. Both Sides Now House and the team are intrigued by Scott, a man whose left brain and right brain operate independently, leaving him with two distinct personalities and no control over some of his actions. As the two sides of Scott's brain struggle for dominance, his warring personalities make it increasingly difficult for the team to figure out what is causing the unique problem.
|Darsteller||Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein|
|Nebendarsteller||Jesse Spencer, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Olivia Wilde|
|Rechte nach dem Kauf||Sofort streamen und auf zwei Geräte herunterladen Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (Streaming und digitaler Download)|