From Publishers Weekly
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
WHEN ANNIE'S IDENTITY IS STOLEN...SHE RUNS BUT CANNOT HIDE.
After discovering an email revealing her husband's infidelity, Annie Milliken is shattered. Dismissing his pleas of innocence, Annie takes their baby daughter and goes to the one person she has always trusted: her twin sister, Julie. Annie and Julie soon become as close as they were growing up, spending their days together, dressing the same, sharing the baby. But when Annie applies for a job, everything comes undone. Her credit cards are stolen just a she's arrested for grand larceny.
The police realize she is the victim of identity theft, but she has yet to understand the true scale of the crime. And when Annie turns to Julie for help, she finds that her twin sister has disappeared...along with her baby. Now with her daughter--and her own life--on the line, Annie is going to fight for what is hers.
Praise for USA Today and international bestseller Katia Lief's novels:
- "Mesmerizing." --Lisa Gardner
- "Nail-biting suspense." --Richard Montanari
- "Taut, clean storytelling." --Publishers Weekly
- "A new force to reckon with in...suspense." --Donna Anders
- "Suspense at a high level." --Midwest Book Review
- "Readers will want to read more of this talented writer's work." --New York Journal of Books