In the forthcoming years, citizens of many countries will be provided with electronic identity cards. elD solutions may not only be used for passports, but also for communication with government authorities or local administrators, as well as for secure personal identification, authentication and access control in eBusiness. Further elD applications will be implemented in the healthcare sector. For some of these solutions we will rely on physical tokens, for others we will not need a physical data carrier at all.
The Handbook of elD Security is the first source presenting a comprehensive overview of this strongly discussed topic. It provides profound information on the following questions:
- which are the latest concepts, technical approaches, applications and trends in the field of elD?
- which areas of application are covered by the different elD concepts?
- which security mechanisms are in place, for what reasons, and how is their quality ensured?
- how is the security of personal data guaranteed?
This book is a perfect source of information for all persons working in industry, banking, healthcare, research institutes, administrations and public authorities:
- who are involved in the development of elD application concepts and of devices interfacing to elDs.
- who have or will have to do with elD solutions and applications in their daily work, and
- who participate in informing and discussing about the security, privacy and transparency of elD solutions.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
DR. WALTER FUMY
is Chief Scientist at Bundesdruckerei GmbH, where he is responsible for overseeing research and development in the area of eID security which includes to monitor and/or influence appropriate standards bodies and forums.
DR. MANFRED PAESCHKE
is Senior Vice President Innovation at Bundesdruckerei GmbH. He is responsible for strategy of research and development.