The bestselling music guide - now updated!
Gearing up to play the guitar? Whether you're a new or seasoned player, this handy guide makes it easy. You get expanded coverage of musical styles ranging from rock, blues, and jazz to folk and classical; you'll also find updated photos, new songs, and the latest advancements in guitars and accessories to keep you up to speed.
* Guitar 101 - find out how to tune a guitar, read guitar tablature, pick and strum, and produce a clean, clear, buzz-free tone
* Start playing - jump right in with real music by strumming major and minor chords, picking single-note melodies, and adding color to your music with 7th chords
* Be cool - move beyond the basics and discover how to play lead and rhythm guitar, use barre chords, and create cool-sounding effects
* Find your style - discover the many popular music styles for playing acoustic and electric guitar, including rock, blues, folk, classical, and jazz - and everything in between!
Bonus DVD includes
More than 50 short videos that show you how to play key examples, more than 150 audio recordings of the songs and exercises in the book, printable chord sheets, and tab paper
Please see DVD appendix for complete system requirements.
Open the book and find:
* The parts and workings of the guitar
* Everything you need to play chords and scales
* How to play hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, and bends
* Helpful guidance on shopping for a guitar
* What to look for in guitar amps, effects, cases, and accessories
* Fast and easy instructions to tune your guitar, change strings, and more
* Plenty of music examples and hands-on instruction
* Strum basic chords and play simple melodies
* Tune, change strings, and make simple repairs
* Expand your range with songs using special techniques
Play along with the videos and audio tracks on the interactive DVD