Recorded live at the Theatre des Champs-Elysees, 4 November 2002
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonate No. 9 in E major
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonate No. 10 in G major
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonate No. 15 in D major "Pastoral"
- Komitas Vardapet: Six Dances for Piano
- Serguei Prokofiev: Sonata No. 7 in B flat major
- Frederic Chopin: Mazurka in C sharp minor
- Frederic Chopin: Mazurka in F minor
- Francois Couperin: Soeur Monique
- Jean-Sebastien Bach: Prelude in B minor (after BWV855a)
A dim light picks out the outlines of the hall. Suddenly a massice shadow appears and moves swiftly over to the keyboard. There follows the vaguest of unsmiling acknowledgements in the general direction of the audience, and then the music begins. Throughout the next two hours, this music will keep its listeners enthralled with its extraordinary intensity as the audience senses the formidble physical, pianistic, musical and emotional presence of this most secretive of present-day pianists, Grigory Sokolov.
Grigory Sokolov - Live In Paris