- Taschenbuch: 256 Seiten
- Verlag: Sterling Pub; Auflage: Sterling. (6. März 2012)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1402797885
- ISBN-13: 978-1402797880
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 25,2 x 19,8 x 2,3 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 1 Kundenrezension
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 930.251 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite: 125 Super-Fresh Recipes for a High-Energy Life (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 6. März 2012
Kunden, die diesen Artikel angesehen haben, haben auch angesehen
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse oder Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
What you are is what you eat - and everyone wants to be healthy and look their best. Gordon Ramsay - super-fit chef, marathon runner and high-energy television presenter - is a great advertisement for eating well and staying in the peak of good health. For this third series of "The F Word", he has put together over 100 dishes thatare completely in tune with the way we want to eat today - packed with fresh, vital ingredients cooked in the most healthy way to achieve maximum flavour. Geared around our daily lives he gives ideas and recipes for healthy breakfasts, lunches, barbecues, suppers, desserts, kids and entertaining, demonstrates healthycooking methods that guarantee optimum flavour, and tells us which are his favourite healthy ingredients.Recipes include Mango and Smoked Chicken Salad, Griddle Squid with Roasted Peppers and Cannellini Beans, Wild Mushroom Risotto with Baked Courgettes and Roasted Peaches with Vanilla and Spices. With its fresh, colourful photographs and clean modern design, this is a worthy follower to hishugely successful Fast Food and Sunday Lunch.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Gordon Ramsay has earned an extraordinary 12 Michelin stars for his restaurants in London and New York. Now a celebrated television presenter too, his awardwinning television series include Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, The F Word and Hell's Kitchen. His other bestselling cookbooks - A Chef for All Seasons, Just Desserts,Gordon Ramsay's Secrets, Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy, Sunday Lunch, Fast Food and 3*** Chef - are all published by Quadrille.
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
In diesem Buch(Mehr dazu)
Nach einer anderen Ausgabe dieses Buches suchen.
As a guy u might have read about Bodybuilding books with their jucky meals plans. Well this ones different. GordonZs book offers the basic strategy on how to eat healthy and getting the GOOD foods on your table.
The only thing is that some ingriedents are either expensive or hard to get. For example (exotic) pheasant and some japanese dish i canŽt remember, or (expensive) beef fillet, scallops.
But itŽs my favourite part of the weekend to cook from his book watching the basics he shows on youtube ( type for example "how to chop an onion").
This really helped me and saved some time and i gotta admit homecooking at the weekend IT`S really fun!
I learned more to appreciate food and have more respect cooking with it.
" The best things in life are free!" (kanye West)
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
One reviewer said the meals didn't seem appetising - to that I say just try them anyway because I felt the same but will try (and eat) anything once. It really was a pleasant surprise and I keep picking random dishes from the book 'just to try'. I must say I've never had so many successes from the one cookbook, usually they're quite hit and miss, but Ramsay balances flavours SO well. Some of the recipes are a touch simple (i.e. oatmeal), but I get the impression that this book has been targeted at men. And if it has then it works, because it's the one book my partner doesn't mind opening up and cooking something from.
Furthermore, this book is very much in keeping with the Mediterranean food pyramid (Google it), which has been shown not only to aid in weight loss, but reduce cholesterol, and the risk of cardiovascular disease. I can't recommend this book highly enough.
What I like:
- Gordon Ramsy uses a lot of fresh ingredients in these recipes, which I vastly prefer to relying on pre-packaged foods which often contain chemicals, sugars and preservatives.
- The recipes taste good.
- Thought has clearly gone into ensuring necessary vitamins are present in these recipes.
- These recipes are quite healthy.
What may be problematic for some people:
- There are many recipes in this book using less-than-common meats, which may be hard to find in some areas. These include: anchovy fillets (and anchovies), trout, palourdes in the shell (apparently commonly called carpet shell clams), mackerel (fillets and/or smoked), herring, smoked salmon fillets, whole sea bass, pheasant, haunch of venison, squid, fresh sardines, poussins (I googled this, it's a really young chicken), smoked haddock, monkfish, crayfish, calf liver, duck breasts, sashimi grade fish (swordfish, salmon and tuna), mullet fillets, black bream fillets, guinea fowl breasts, partridge, pigeon
- There are many recipes in this book using other less-than-common food products, which may be hard to find in some areas. These include: watercress, canned cranberry beans, garam masala (a spice), baby turnips, crimini mushrooms, fennel bulbs, fava beans, chicory, figs, fermented black beans (apparently available at asian food markets), baby leeks, baby fennel, baby zucchini, cooking pumpkin, banana shallot, cavalo nero (a type of kale), purple sprouting broccoli, harissa
- Some cooking equipment needed for a recipe may not be common in every kitchen.
- The directions are formatted differently than many cookbooks. Rather than being step-by-step, they are in more of a paragraph format with many steps to a paragraph. Therefore, it is exceptionally important that recipes are read thoroughly in advance (as it can be difficult to find exactly where you're at when you're in a hurry).
I currently live in a small town where getting some of these food products is extremely difficult (please keep in mind, for the above lists I went through pretty much the entire book). Propper planning, however, can alleviate some of these problems by allowing me to order some of the ingredients, while others may have acceptable substitutions which can be identified with a bit of research. Personally, I find that the good taste, and healthy properties of many of these recipes outweigh the slight inconvenience of having to plan a bit in advance. While this is not likely to be my primary cookbook, it is one that I am glad I have in my collection.
This is clearly a book where his exquisite sense of Ingredients and what they mean in combination with each other, creates healthy culinary art. My appreciation for his level of mastery has gone way up with the purchase of this book, because he has a substantial, not superficial, understanding of what healthy cooking is. His art is matched by brains, which helps explain why he has such range and depth.