- Taschenbuch: 224 Seiten
- Verlag: Rider (6. August 2009)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1846041872
- ISBN-13: 978-1846041877
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 12,6 x 1,4 x 19,8 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 658.640 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Ghosts Among Us: Uncovering the Truth About the Other Side (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 12. Mai 2009
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse oder Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Mehr über den Autor
"'[Van Praagh] has changed people's lives, banished the fear of death - It is impossible not to be moved" (Newsweek)
"I love this book! His stories and experiences told through his thought provoking and inspiring words, makes a world which seems hard to understand tangible. Thank you James for showing me a whole new world" (Jennifer Love Hewitt)
Bestselling psychic author shares incredible true ghost stories and lessons learned from the spirit worldAlle Produktbeschreibungen
In diesem Buch(Mehr dazu)
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
I had a reading by James shortly after my father's death and in that reading he told me that my father was telling me where my mother had been and that he had been with her. I called my mother and told her and she was unable to speak. She had just been to their favorite place in Sedona, AZ with all the fountains and to know dad was there with her brought her to tears she was so happy. James also told me things NO ONE on earth including me could possibly have known. I am still in contact with my father and others who have passed thanks to James validating what I thought was true. Love you James. Keep up your fantabulous work!!
(1) When we die, our spirit comes out of our body and we retain all of our memories. In spirit-form, we are exactly the same person only without a body.
(2) We in spirit-form choose to either hover around and watch our funerals or go to the light. At death, everyone has either friends, deceased family members, or a spirit guide meet us.
(3) In spirit-form, you can think of a place and immediately be there. This includes another planet.
(4) In spirit-form, you can go to all of the same places you did before you died. For example, you can go to your church and sit in the pews. While your ghost is sitting in the pew, there may be a wedding going on in our reality, but you in spirit-form will only see the sermon from before you died.
(5) In spirit-form you will appear in what ever clothing you want, just from thought.
(6) Your dead relatives can pop in and out of your home, bathroom, work-place, etc whenever they want and see what you're doing.
(7) Dead people read minds. If you think of a dead relative, that dead relative will know it and may come to you if they want. Dead people can read minds so whatever you're thinking about them, they will know it. Example: if you want to know if your dead grandma is OK with you selling her house, you can ask her to give you a sign that it's OK by asking her out loud or just thinking the question. You may have to wait a couple of days but eventually you should see her "OK sign". The example in the book was a license plate that had the dead person's initials and ended in OK.
(8) Your dead relatives can try to contact you by making an object appear somewhere. Example, if your dead son was a rock collector when he was alive, then he could move a rock and place it in your bathroom under a towel. Obviously there wouldn't be a rock in your bathroom normally so when you pick up the towel and see the rock drop to the floor, you should realize that your dead son is telling you he's OK. The rock doesn't just float through your house, it would appear instantaneously.
These are samples of the good information in this book. I recommend it highly.
One more bit of info - Lucille Ball's spirit still visits the studio where she made the Lucille Ball TV show. In spirit-form she told James that she visits the studio because she was always very happy there doing what she loved.
But a quarter through the book, the author's fantastic claims begin to be really over the top, like a compendium of other ghost stories. For example, the story about the Vietnam War father was ripped from "Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. Did he think that no one would notice? And if he was aware of the similarities, why even bother to include it in the book when for sure he has so many other equally poignant stories he could share? But I kept reading anyway only to be further shocked by his other totally off-the-deep-end claims:
- If you're depressed, you could be possessed
- If you're fat or gaining weight, you could be possessed
- There are phantom medical teams who come to heal us, complete with phantom doctors in phantom scrubs: ripped from the movie "Chances Are" with Cybil Shepherd and Robert Downey Jr. Actually, this one really made me think how the author thought he could get away with such fantasies
- Abraham Lincoln came to assure him personally
- Lucille Ball chatted him up at the CBS studios
What's even worse was the way the author praised himself in all his stories; that if it weren't for his intercession, the dead and the living would not have found peace or moved on. This I find really disgusting. I think the word "medium" refers to a conduit, someone who mediates, like a telephone line. Not someone who speaks of himself in messianic proportions.
I wanted to believe, I didn't even require proofs, just a minimum threshold of acceptability. Sadly, this book should have been marketed as fiction. So shame on you, JVP, for taking advantage of people's grief.
Ähnliche Artikel finden
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Religion & Esoterik > New Age > Channeling
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Religion & Esoterik > Okkultismus > Außersinnliche Wahrnehmung
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Religion & Esoterik > Okkultismus > Parapsychologie
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Religion & Esoterik > Okkultismus > Übernatürliches
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Religion & Esoterik > Spiritualität