Frommer's 500 places for food & wine lovers
The Culinary Adventurer's Guide to Food and Wine Around the World
This guidebook leads you on a temptingworldwide tour of epicurean hot spots. From the flagship restaurants of celebrity chefs(Ferran Adrià in Spain, Mario Batali in New York City) to regional specialties served on location (kaiseki in Kyoto, skyr in Iceland), international culinary schools (Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School, Thailand) and vineyards in regions on five continents (France, Italy, Napa Valley, Australia, South Africa, Chile, and more), you'll find 500 irresistible places to indulge your appetite.
The book includes contact information, Web sites, and details on accommodations and services to make trip-planning easy. Geographical and topical indexes help you pinpoint information quickly.
Savor the World's Flavors Through:
* Open-air markets, farms, festivals, and street food
* Cookbook and kitchenware shops
* Gourmet and specialty food stores
* Food vacations, including inns, resorts, farm stays, cruises, and cooking schools
* Vineyards, breweries, and distilleries
* Must-visit restaurants, coffee bars, and dessert places