Written by a local expert and designed for visitors and residents alike, this savvy guide delivers the inside scoop on New York City deals, bargains, and freebies Shows how to gain free admission to plays, concerts, TV show tapings, and museums (17 are free every day, and almost all are free at least one day a month) Explains where to chow down on cheap eats-happy hours, free gourmet samples, half-price meals-plus free haircuts, classes, and much more
-- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine vergriffene oder nicht verfügbare Ausgabe dieses Titels.
Take a bite out of the Big Apple--not your budget!
* Free Music: Classical music, jazz quartets, and cutting-edge bands.
* Free Speech: A-list plays, quick-witted comedy, and readings.
* Free Food: The best happy hours, plus where to score delectabledirt-cheap eats--from burgers to BYOB Thai to pre-theater Peruvian.
* Free Films: Outdoors and indoors, from indies to cult faves.
* Free Classes: Take a morning tai chi class, learn to identify a good cabernet, or find out how to start your own business.
* Free (or Almost) Accommodations: Apartment rentals, couch-surfing, and low-cost (yet surprisingly posh!) hotels.
"In the land of $49 burgers and $1,000-a-night hotel rooms, author Ethan Wolff shows that the adventurous budgettraveler can still do the Big Apple in style. Written forresidents as well as visitors, this guide has plenty of goodclear maps and a chapter of free and cheap itineraries."
--San Francisco Chronicle
"Great info . . . This irreverent insider's guide gets points for flagging overrated attractions."
--The Washington Post
"[Makes] one of the most expensive cities in the world accessible to those of us with champagne tastes and beer budgets."