Gestern ist übrigens neben dem 1,5GB Patch noch ein weiterer Patch erschienen und der nächste ist für Ende der kommenden Woche angekündigt.
Aus dem Stzeam Forum:
Hello, let me use the chance to answer some of the bug reports and feature requests:
- The most common reported bug with the soundcard related crash should be fixed in 1.12 (already out) Sorry about that --> The workaround posted here is no longer necessary.
- Graphic and animation bugs: We will definitely work on improving animations that some people dont like but I must admit that this is not a top priority. Improving and fixing some of the broken characters (face problems, eyes not working) on the other hand has a high priority and will be improved in one of the next updates.
- Sell goods: First let me ask if you do use the trade menu (Enter - 4) and confirm your orders with NEXT. Check that after you give an order, your ship now has a new order in the que listed at the top. There are a number of improvements on our wishlist here to make this eaier to understand (e.g listing the trade que also on the ships info menu, allowing easier manipulation of a que etc.) but even without these it should be possible to trade. Note that the interact menu (when you doubleclick on a trade offer) is only a shortcut into the trade menu. You still have to confirm the deal afterwards or decide for a different buy / sell location.
- Stuck in crew quarters: This happened to testers before sometimes but is hard to reproduce. You should however always be able to simply use ENTER - 5 to get back. Did this work? Anyway, we will look into this.
- Cant save: Are you sure there is space on your HD?
- When leaving a station ship controls default to direct control: Noted. We could change this to be turned off indeed.
- German voices: There are a couple of known problems with the german voices. One update is coming today another one late next week. After that it should all work. Sorry for this.
- Trade menu (Moving up and down) : If you can reproduce this and give us instructions on what you did then please email them to email@example.com
- No targeting hotkeys: Noted. Will come in an early update.
- Aisling map bug: Can you please send me that broken savegame to firstname.lastname@example.org ?
- Failed to save dump file: Are you maybe running from a full HD? Please check the space left.
- Dont run game in 32bit Windows and make sure you have enough memory free
- Make sure you have latest drivers installed.
- If you have problems with the game, reset all settings in the driver to default
- If you suffer performance problems set the LOD and view distance to low values. Game should still look good but this helps a LOT. Consider turning off shadows, consider medium or low shaders if your GPU is the bottleneck.
I will post more in a seperate posting.
Bug responses continued:
- Crash right at gamestart (but not in start menu): This is very likely memory related. Do not try running the game in 32 bit Windows (this is not officially supported). If you still do it may crash, but more importantly it will definitely crash if you do not set your machine to allow more than 2GB of physical memory. There are tricks to achieve this but in general the rule is: Use a 64bit Windows! UPDATE: Patch 1.12 will give you a message at the start if the game has zero chance of running because of "out of memory" and not even start!
- Exiting the super highway (blue) millions of km away from anything: This seems to be a bug several people report. We are trying to reproduce this but it is not easy. If you have information on how to reproduce, please email email@example.com
- After loading cursor vanishes: Are you on a platform? If not, are you running with multiple monitors maybe and your cursor is just off screen?
- Buying shields (plot bug): Sounds like you just dont have enough money, or the shields dont fit? Did you try going to an enineer? What is the class name of the NPC you are talking to? If this persists, please send a ZIPPED savegame to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mode disabling not possible: Will look into this.
- If you read through all of my two postings and still think you have a NEW crash and got a crash dump, please email it to email@example.com (ZIPPED please!).
- Zoom on map: Will look into it, but no promise when.
- Autopilot: Noted - Personally I am not a fan of letting the game be played fully automatic though: I guess a compromise will be that this mode will have limitations.
- Facial animations: We will look into facial animations soon, but this is not a top priority. Sorry
- Better indicator for missions: Not sure what you want? The mission object (target marker) should have a different color? We wanted this to be one consistent color for all things missions. So this is the same as the mission objective bar at the moment
- External view: We will look into this but not too soon because it will be part of a bigger update (maybe also including things like Oculus Rift as that too changes the way you look around your own cockpit).
- SINZA (time acceleration: Not a fan of this at all. Sorry you do not have to wait 20 minutes for your trade ships once you have multiple ships. You can que orders and do many things in parallel. So this should not be necessary.
- Running sooth: See tipps in my first posting. In addition: yes we always work on improving performance too of course.
- Tooltips for options menu: Good suggestion. Will see if we can do this. No promise here.
- Targeting hotkeys: Yes will do. Based on your feedback that is for one of the earlier updates even though such "explicit" targets only work in the mouse / keyboard mode. Not with controllers.
- Talking to people on stations: We have a plan for an early patch (early december) which will make the conversations and finding NPCs for jobs a lot easier and more accessible. This has a high priority.
- Skipping conversations: We will look into this, but I can not promise that this is always possible.
- Seeing your ship docking: Yes that would be nice but is a low priority right now.
- Mapping mouse buttons: Will discuss with the right guy and come back.
- Low / medium / high / ultra graphic settings presets: Yes - We will do this.
- Options to set graphics to even lower than what is possible by setting everything to 0. OK we will consider this but right now I must admit that such mid range laptops are not our target platform. Of course we would like to support as wide a variety of hardware as possible, so we will still try our best, but there is simply a limit as to how far down we can scale.
- Oh yes the tipp to get out of a "stuck" platform with ENTER - 5-5 is good. I forgot to list that in post 1.