The fast and easy way to start eating clean
Used as a way of life, clean eating can improve overall health, prevent disease, increase energy, and stabilize moods. Whether you've lived on white bread and trans fats all your life or are already health conscious, Eating Clean For Dummies embraces this lifestyle and provides you with an easy-to-follow guide to eliminating processed foods from your diet and improving your health (and budget) by eating clean.
* Clean up your act -- find out how the foods you eat affect your body and mind, understand the danger in processed and refined foods, and discover the many benefits of eating clean
* Here's to living cleaner -- get the scoop on how eating clean can help you live longer, fight illnesses like diabetes and heart disease, lose weight, and boost your energy
* Start cookin', good lookin' -- browse through a collection of quick and tasty recipes for every meal of the day, from eye-opening egg dishes to satisfying suppers and snacks
* Make it personal -- learn to keep a clean eating diet at restaurants and parties, deal with picky eaters at home, and get special dietary considerations if you're vegan or suffer from food allergies
Open the book and find:
* The benefits of eating clean
* How to identify and avoid preservatives and additives
* The nutrients your body needs (and doesn't need)
* Questions to ask about clean produce
* Ways to deal with food allergies and sensitivities
* Foods you should always buy organic
* Tips for cooking food, storing food, and using leftovers
* Recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
* Change your eating habits without sacrificing taste or breaking your budget
* Improve your overall health, prevent disease, and stabilize moods
* Make more than 40 delicious clean-eating recipes
Dr. Jonathan Wright, MD, America's Top Holistic Doctor, is the author of several books, publishes the monthly newsletter Nutrition and Healing (with a subscriber base of over 100,000) and hosts the radio show Green Medicine.
Linda Larsen is a nutritionist, recipe creator, and the author of 29 books.