Andy Field's bestselling Discovering Statistics Using SPSS 4th Edition, already an immensely comprehensive textbook - taking students from first principles to advanced statistical concepts, and all the while grounding knowledge through the use of SPSS - now focuses on providing essential updates, better accessibility to its key features, more instructor resources and broader reach to new student groups - with powerful new digital developments on the textbook's companion website.
New to the 4th Edition
- New WebAssign® facility. If you adopt this for use on your course it will allow you to produce and manage assignments online with your students and includes a grading facility to monitor students' progress. Students can practise questions over and over and be provided with instant feedback and links to the accompanying Ebook where correct solutions can be found
- The mobile study facility encourages students equipped with smartphones and tablets to access revision material such as Cramming Sam's Study tips helping them to study when it suits them. QR codes in the textbook provide instant access
- Education and Sport Sciences instructor support materials with enhanced ones for Psychology, Business and Management and the Health sciences make the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects across the social sciences and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience.
Major Updates to the 4th Edition
- Fully compatible with recent SPSS releases up to and including version 21
- Exciting new characters. Statistical cult leader Oditi provides students with access to video clips to help further understanding of statistical/SPSS concepts, while Confusious helps students to make better sense of statistical terms
- An enhanced Companion Website offers plenty of lecturer and student material to use in conjunction with the textbook. These include PowerPoints and Testbanks for lecturers as well as answers to the Smart Alex tasks at the end of the each chapter; datafiles for testing problems in SPSS; flashcards of key concepts; self-assessment multiple-choice questions; and online videos of key statistical and SPSS procedures discussed in the textbook for students.