Starting with an overview of what digital asset management is and isn’t (including a section on why you might not need DAM at all), the book goes on to offer a detailed discussion of everything that’s important for you to know before you get too far with your DAM planning:
• Learn the benefits of wrapping DAM into a corporate initiate you can better manage
• Know how to find and recruit others at your organization who can become great allies
• See how you can benefit from reliable professional help (cheap or even free!), so you can avoiding expensive time-wasters
• Fully understand the needs of your organization, so that you can exceed expectations
• Start thinking about DAM software at the right time, so you can avoid costly purchase mistakes
• Discover tricks to determine which DAM vendors are most favored by customers, most progressive, and most likely to stay in business
• Explore elements of human psychology that can help you overcome change-resistance and increase buy-in
Offering the equivalent of approximately 200 printed pages (~56,000 words), this eBook, published in June, 2012, is packed with useful information the author, David Diamond, has acquired during his 12+ years as a professional in the Digital Asset Management industry.
Note: The Digital Asset Management Survival Guide mentions no DAM software solutions or vendors by name. The book’s contents are unbiased and applicable no matter which DAM solution you determine to be right for you.