The Complete Plain Words is the essential guide for anyone who needs to express themselves clearly, fluently and accurately in writing. Whether you are working on paper or on a computer, this invaluable reference work will lead you through the intricacies, problems and pleasures of the English language with wit, common sense and authority.
- Deals with the dangers of jargon, cliché and superfluous words
- Covers strategies for choosing the right word in any situation
- Lays out the ground rules of grammar and punctuation and shows how to avoid the pitfalls
- Discusses the influence of science and technology, and other cultures
- Gives suggestions for drafting letters
- Provides a list of words to use with care