"Excellent handbooks" --"The Bookseller" (UK) "The most complete guide: with all the detail you'll need for a walk in Wainwright's footsteps." The Sunday Times "The numerous detailed walking maps ... make planning your hike all the more easy." Trek & Mountain
Fully revised 5th edition of this classic 191-mile walk across northern England from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, inspired by Alfred Wainwright. Crossing three fabulous national parks – the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North York Moors – it samples the very best of the English countryside – rugged mountains and lakes, gentle dales and stone-built villages; wild moorland; sea cliffs and fishing villages.
‘...the Trailblazer series stands head, shoulders, waist and ankles above the rest.
They are particularly strong on mapping...’ The Sunday Times
- Includes 109 walking maps – the largest-scale maps available At a scale of just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3-1/8 inches to one mile) these are bigger than the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the 191-mile route in its entirety or sampling the highlights on day walks or short breaks. Includes detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to stay, where to eat: pubs, hotels, B&B, camping, bunkhouses, hostels.
- Includes GPS waypoints. These are also downloadable from the Trailblazer website.