* Leverage big data tools and architectures
* Explore how big data can transform your business
* Integrate structured and unstructured data into your big data environment
* Use predictive analytics to make better decisions
Here's the guide that can keep big data from becoming a big headache!
Big data can be a complex concept. For Dummies to the rescue! Here's a plain-English explanation of what big data is (and isn't), the technology and database options supporting it, analytics that help you get meaning from your data, how to manage it, and what it can do for your company. Business executive or IT person, here's what you need to know.
* What it is - get your mind around big data from both a technical and business perspective
* Organize it - meet the big data stack and learn about different architectural levels, operational databases, organizing databases, and analytical data warehouses
* Big data computing model - explore distributed computing as well as the power of virtualization and the cloud
* Hadoop and MapReduce - learn the importance of Hadoop and MapReduce for big data analysis
* Get analytical - identify analytics tools for big data and evaluate the various new models that are evolving
* Ready? Implement - discover how to implement your big data solution with an eye to operationalizing and protecting your data
* What it means - see the importance of big data to your organization and how it's used to solve problems
Open the book and find:
* A definition of big data
* Profiles of various available technologies
* The role of the cloud
* How MapReduce aids big data management
* Why Hadoop is so important
* Some specific uses for text analytics
* How to approach big data security and privacy
* Ten best practices for managing big data
Judith Hurwitz is an expert in cloud computing, information management, and business strategy. Alan Nugent has extensive experience in cloud-based big data solutions. Dr. Fern Halper specializes in big data and analytics. Marcia Kaufman specializes in cloud infrastructure, information management, and analytics.