A practical guide to securing ASP.NET sites
Beginning ASP.NET Security is for novice to intermediate ASP.NET programmers and provides a step-by-step solution to securing each area of ASP.NET development. Rather than approaching security from a theoretical direction, MVP Barry Dorrans shows you examples of how everyday code can be attacked, and describes the steps necessary for defense. Inside, you'll learn how you can defend your ASP.NET applications using the .NET framework, industry patterns and best practices, code libraries and resources provided by Microsoft and others.
Beginning ASP.NET Security:
* Explores issues with user input including validation, cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
* Teaches how to securely access your database and defend against SQL injection attacks
* Shares techniques for keeping secrets, including encryption, hashing and preventing information leaks
* Examines methods for authenticating and authorizing users, including ASP.NET membership providers and preventing cookie theft
* Shares tips for securing your web server, including how ASP.NET uses trust levels and locking down IIS
* Unveils ways to securely use WCF web services
* Presents security with the Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax framework and Silverlight
* Includes an overview of security with the Microsoft MVC framework
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Barry Dorrans is a consultant, speaker and Microsoft MVP in the "Visual Tools - Security" category. His approach to development and writing blends humor with the paranoia suitable for considering security.