Over 30 interesting recipes to help you create cross-platform apps with Titanium, and explore the new features in Titanium 3
- Covers iOS, Android, and Windows8.
- Includes Alloy, the latest in Titanium design.
- Includes examples of Cloud Services, augmented reality, and tablet design.
Appcelerator Titanium is the leading method for creating native cross-platform apps. This book guides you from the initial stages with the language right through to the submission of your app to the marketplace/app store. Specially crafted examples cover the most common requirements of an app programmer. This book will be your companion as you progress with the language.
"Appcelerator Titanium Application Development by Example Beginner's Guide" will guide you through the process of designing cross-platform apps using Titanium. It covers all areas of the language from installation through development to submission to the store.
This book will take a hands-on approach in teaching you how to write cross-platform apps using Titanium, as well as exploring the new features of Titanium 3. Each chapter will show you how to overcome specific challenges using Titanium. You will learn how to design your apps using MVC principles and Alloy, use the cloud to your advantage, develop apps that work on tablets and phones, use the phone gadgets like the accelerometer, integrate social media, record usage using analytics, and monetise your app. All tasks from installation to deployment to the store are covered and backed by examples. The book will be your companion from your first steps with Titanium to successful live deployment.
What you will learn from this book
- How to design applications that work on all supported platforms.
- How to create layouts that work on all platforms and on both handheld and tablet devices.
- How to design applications using Alloy.
- The integration of social media.
- Use the phone gadgets such as the accelerometer, compass, and camera.
- How to integrate cloud services such as ACS, Parse, and Stackmob.
- How to test your code and deploy to the app store/marketplace.
"Appcelerator Titanium Application Development by Example Beginner's Guide" is an example-driven tour of the language that guides you through all the stages of app design. The style is relaxed and friendly whilst remaining concise and structured.
Who this book is written for
If you are new to this technology or curious about the possibilities of Appcelerator Titanium then this book is for you. If you are a web developer who is looking for a way to craft cross-platform apps, then this book and the Titanium language is the choice for you.